Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

A LETTER FROM U.S SENATOR CASEY

A letter from my U.S Senator. I do not like his views and policies

Dear Mr. Seretis:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the federal government's response to the economic downturn. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.The last two years have seen the toughest economic climate in recent memory. Since the recession began, over 7 million jobs have been lost. The Pennsylvania unemployment rate has grown to 8.2 percent. In the face of these troubling statistics, it is no surprise that I hear daily from Pennsylvanians struggling to make ends meet. Whether they are trying to find a job, figuring how to pay their bills, or trying to put a child through school, it is clear to me that this recession has greatly impacted people across the Commonwealth. The federal government, including Congress and the Obama Administration, has a duty to act in a bold yet measured way to alleviate the suffering of families affected by the downturn. In a series of landmark pieces of legislation, Congress has indeed taken bold steps to respond to the crisis. Let me be clear—before deciding how to vote on these bills, I carefully reviewed the legislation and judged what impact it would have on Pennsylvania families. Ultimately, I decided that stabilizing the financial system and providing fiscal stimulus were actions in proportion to the magnitude of the economic crisis and necessary to create long-term economic security.I understand that there are many Pennsylvanians who disagree with my assessment. Some have expressed concerns that Congress has approved too much spending while others question the impact of these efforts to date. Though I appreciate these concerns, I strongly believe our actions were necessary to shore up our financial system and jump-start our economy. As we move forward implementing these laws, I look forward to hearing feedback from you. In addition, I encourage you to find detailed information about the government's efforts on financial recovery at www.financialstability.gov and the stimulus at www.recovery.gov. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you. If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

No comments:

Post a Comment