Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WAL-MART HAS NO REGARD FOR LOYAL ASSOCIATES

For five years I was a loyal Wal-Mart associate, with exceeds expectations on my evaluation. People would call me Mr. Wal-Mart because I was motivated and eager to do what was needed to make the store I was, Honesdale, PA, number 2480, succeed and be the best, and I did just that as an hourly supervisor for security. But my loyalty and faith in Wal-Mart came crashing down on December 21, 2010, as I realized that loyalty, integrity, values, morals and honesty, mean nothing to some people in higher position, and those in higher position tend to make up issues and demonize someone that thinks and asks questions.
On December 21, 2010, I was fired by my higher ups, and they accused me of various things that I knew were not true, and their main argument was that I investigated one of their own.
Yes I did investigate. I was instrumental in having a higher up arrested for having a small operation as he stole, and had a few females stealing with him as well, and I also investigated another higher up for unethical behavior. Again, I was an hourly supervisor in charge of security, so investigating issues was my job. and in fact I had an E-mail stating that I needed to have more internal investigations, meaning look for workers that do something wrong and pursue until termination. But when those higher ups that wanted to pursue investigation, felt they were immune and when I investigated them, I became a bad guy and they retaliated against me in a witch hunt, and lied and dragged my name in mud as they made up false stories about me, and on December 21, 2010 I was fired.
I pursued this and contacted Wal-Mart and presented my case, and after along investigation that ended on January 31, 2011, I was vindicated. The investigation that Wal-Mart did proved that I was wrongfully fired, and retaliated, and to quote the regional human resource manager, which I have on tape, "they corrected a wrong doen to me".
Wal-Mart will re-instate me but more issues have come forth. My higher ups that fired me, did not take in consideration that the investigation was on, and they did something they should not have, and hired someone else in my position, so that is now forcing me to another store. Those that wrongfully fired me and retaliated against me, are still there and not even a slap in the hand and not even an apology. Basically Wal-Mart is saying, "sorry, we did a wrong, so now you can have your job back". Where is the accountability?
The stress and aggravation that I had to endure, especially during Christmas weekend and for the whole month of January, can't be described by mere words. The stress and aggravation my wife had to endure, can't be described. Knowing I was attacked and retaliated by those that were my supervisors, and thought I can trust, caused me to get scik and depressed. But what is really sickening, is that I have no case to go after Wal-Mart, and they got away with not even a scratch.
I contacted many attorneys, and they all stated there is nothing that I can do and just be thankful I got my job back. You see, the State of Pennsylvania does not protect its workers. There is no law that protects me or others in similar situations, and Wal-Mart, and other corporations know that and abuse their workers. The best analogy I can give is this. How many remember the movie Moses? The workers know the job market is scarce, and Wal-Mart knows this and takes advantage of this. In Pennsylvania, you work as is. You can get fired just for wearing the wrong cologne or perfume, and if higher ups do not like the scent, they can just fire you, but in my case where I was pr-oven that it was retaliation and wrongfully fired, I thought I might have a case, but sadly I do not, as per the various attorneys I spoke with.

SO!! Once again I am taking up a cause for truth and making people aware. I will pursue this issue regardless of the fact that no attorney wants to take on Wal-Mart. I will pursue this with the media and make people aware of what really goes on behind the big box!

No comments:

Post a Comment